Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog, and please feel free to contact me at my Etsy shop; https://www.BirchValleyStudio.etsy.com for price inquiries or custom orders. ~~~~~You may also like to look at my deviantART page; http://mslinden.deviantart.com/ or follow me on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/BirchValleyStudio for current updates and a wider range of examples of my work.

Saturday 4 January 2014


Have you ever had an idea that gets so thoroughly wedged in your brain that it won't let you work on anything else until it's out...? Yyeeaaahhhh...That was my day. So here's a look at my first piece of 2014!


 
It started with an idea, for an angel...I don't know why, I don't usually draw angels, but I have been obsessed with feathers and bird wings lately...
A little more planning and some idea for background...

A few hours later...The 'work police' say it's time to stop for the evening. ;) Ink and archival pigment marker on reclaimed HDF. The plan is to do the highlighting and wings with white paint marker. I'll hopefully finish and post her tomorrow. Wish me luck! ;)
Day number two with my Angel...I started work on the wings this morning...I think I may be a little masochistic,  (leaves, feathers, tons of detail in everything I do...) but I love it. ;)
A little more detail and highlighting...
And this is where I'm going to stop and go for a walk...It's getting to that 'Is this really going to work out...?' stage, where it gets really hard not to just abandon the whole thing....I'll just have to muscle through...

No comments:

Post a Comment